Seeking an Emergency Department Nurse Manager in AK
Join a Catholic based, patient-centered care. This is a role with a Community Hospital in Scenic AK.
We are a critical access hospital serving our surrounding community of 8,500 people with 10 ED rooms and 25 total beds in the hospital.
Role and Responsibilities:
Manages the coordination of activities on the nursing unit with responsibility for results including costs, methods and staffing for 24-hour nursing operations on a nursing unit (s). Responsible for operational performance, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- ER Manager oversees ED which includes: trauma, employee health, emergency preparedness, medical transports, and SART
- Responsible for 24-hour day-to-day operations of unit: supervision of personnel; staff performance and patient outcomes; staff procurement and retention; regulatory compliance; and patient care
- Evaluate work performance and conduct annual performance assessments
- Delegate and coordinate responsibility for completion of departmental projects, tasks, and activities
- Assist with the implementation of strategic initiatives for the department and identifies, assesses, and responds to issues and problems which affect ability to meet goals/objectives
- Manage staffing levels required to provide optimum patient care within the limits of available resources
- Assure quality of care by aligning assigned unit (s) with the hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care
- Maintain a collaborative and cooperative working relationship with other departments and divisions; facilitating operational, quality, performance and change initiative implementation
The ideal candidate for this role will have at least 5 years of ED experience, at least 2 of those must be in leadership roles. Financial and budgetary knowledge and experience is also required. You must be able to show leadership, delegate as needed and foster a team environment.
For more information, please contact .
What we offer:
- Relocation Assistance
- Opportunity to cross-train to M/S, the ED & the OR
- Help with continued CEU's