- Job Reference: 38080526-2
- Date Posted: 17 July 2017
- Recruiter: U.S. Air Force
- Location: Hamilton, Ohio
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
A career in the Air Force isn't your average desk job. In fact, our nation's Airmen perform most of their daily tasks standing up, so when foot problems occur it's your responsibility as an Air Force Podiatrist to get them back up on their feet. Do what you do now: diagnose and treat a wide range of foot ailments ranging from injuries to physical abnormalities. But in the Air Force, you will provide medical attention to Airmen's foot problems without the red tape and headache of a traditional civilian practice.
Key areas of focus include performing surgery, interpreting x-rays, conducting research, prescribing therapeutic devices, and supervising special health programs.
The Air Force benefits package is unparalleled in the civilian world. Benefits include:
* 30 days of vacation with pay each year
* Excellent healthcare coverage for you and your family
* Tax-free food and housing assistance
* A generous retirement program
* Continuing education opportunities
* Free or low-cost world travel opportunities
* Excellent starting salary
This is an active duty position as an Air Force Officer. To be considered, you must meet the following requirements:
* Must be a U.S. citizen age 18-42.
* Must be willing to relocate.
* Must have obtained a degree from a school or college of podiatry.
* At least two (2) years of podiatric surgical residency training with candidate eligibility or certification with either the American Board of Podiatric Surgery (ABPS) or American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics and Primary Podiatric Medicine (ABPOPPM).
* Completion of five-and-a-half-week Commissioned Officer Training course
* A valid and current unrestricted license
About the Air Force
The U.S. Air Force is the number-one Air Force in the world. Our mission is to fly, fight and win in air, space and cyberspace. We live by three core values: integrity first, service before self and excellence in all we do. The Air Force offers hundreds of careers, from healthcare to engineering, in order to serve the American people and provide precise and reliable global vigilance, reach and power for the nation. back BACH_a33d1a include with Force Podiatric surgical