Digital FactoryBusiness Unit:
Product Lifecycle Management-PLMRequisition Number:
United States-Ohio-MilfordAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Entry levelEducation Required Level:
Bachelor's DegreeTravel Required:
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services. Job Description:
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
The Software Engineer will work on a large commercial CAD application in the area of integrating NX CAD. The employee will perform software design and software programming for the NX CAD product with focus on surpassing customer expectations and achieving high quality and on-time delivery. The position requires performing all of the SDLC steps of software design for one area of a product. The employee will create, document and execute software designs for focused
product areas. Some customer interaction may be required.
• Contribute individually or in a team as needed to meet the requirements of various projects.
• Maintain existing software code and resolves customer and internally reported problems.
• Able to write clean, robust and maintainable code to minimize the cost of defects over time.
• Works with customers to understand and improve existing code for their area.
• Follows the various steps in the SDLC process including writing design documents and coding.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other numerate discipline from a reputed institute.
• Product development experience will be a plus, as will familiarity with the software development life cycle.
• Must have a strong knowledge of C++. Minimum of 2+ years of programming experience in C++.
• Must have some experience and knowledge in at least one of the following languages: C#, Java, or Python.
• Knowledge of advanced data structures, object oriented analysis and