Job Description: Set up and operate computer and mechanically controlled machine tools to produce metal parts, instruments, and tools in a manufacturing plant environment by performing the following duties.
Job Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor machine operation and be able to identify defects or malfunctions
- Make adjustments to machines as necessary
- Set up and operate a variety of machines including but not limited to CNC lathe machine, CNC Mill machine, and manual lathes and mills
- Identify tooling requirements and determine appropriate speeds and feeds
- Read and understand blueprints and blueprint specifications
- Evaluate blueprints and drawings to identify correct part dimensions and tool path configurations
- Position, adjust and secure stock material against stops, or in chucks, fixtures or auto feed machines
- Read and understand control plans, routings, measurements and work instructions
- Incorporate tooling and gaging necessary to complete projects, evaluate and ensure safety procedures
- Problem solve and exercise reasonable judgment.
- Visually be able to and have the experience to inspect parts and determine issues/solutions.
- Follow oral and written instructions and/or direction given by supervisors to complete assigned work projects.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Set up castings and other materials.
- Make minor edits to G & M code programs.
- This is not a complete list, other duties may be assigned as needed
3-5 years CNC experience
High School Diploma or equivalent
Strong math aptitude
Own trade tools and demonstrate proper use and knowledge
Physical capability to properly handle tooling and safely set up large pieces is needed to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
Additional education, experience, formal training or certificates a plus
After 90 days: Medical, Dental and Vision, AFLAC Short term Disability and supplemental insurances, company paid holidays and uniform option.
After 1 year: Company paid Life Insurance and Paid Time Off (PTO) .
Job Type: Full-time with possible overtime