Digital FactoryBusiness Unit:
Product Lifecycle Management-PLMRequisition Number:
United States-Ohio-MilfordAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Mid levelEducation Required Level:
Bachelor's DegreeTravel Required:
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services. Job Description:
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
This position is for Application Engineer working on a large commercial CAD software. The employee will perform software testing for the NX CAD product with focus on surpassing customer expectations and achieving high quality. The candidate will be part of the NX QA/QC Team reporting to the NX Routing QA manager.
Responsibilities include project and regression testing of a large application and integration with other products. Additional objectives of the position are:
- Understand customer usage and developing Test Plans/Test Cases
- Identify and clearly report defects
- Develop and maintain automated test cases
- Perform System and Workflow Testing
- Provide customer support
- Support Alpha and Beta Tests
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other numerate discipline from a reputed institute.
- Experience using CAD/CAM/ECAD software (2 years minimum).
- Willingness to travel (less than 10%).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for demoing functionality to stake holders
- Capable of independent work as well as collaborative development.
- Ability to continually improve and learn new areas.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience using Mentor Graphics Capital / NX (Assemblies and Routing Applications) / and/or Teamcenter.
- An understanding of software QA methodologies.
- Programming experience (C++, Python, vb, java)
- Test automation experience
- Past professional experience using CAD/CAM/ECAD software (3 years)
- Familiarity of software development life cycle
- Understanding of Agile principals.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.